MY TRIP TO "MAHABALESHWAR"

 Hello and welcome back to my blog

I hope that you have read my previous blogs and enjoyed....so anyway in my this blog I would share my experience of visiting a Heaven, yes this is what I should call that place. I am talking about MAHABALESHWAR. I am calling it a Heaven as the beautiful hills, the beautiful trees, the clouds and most importantly the strawberries are no less then a heaven. 

Now let me tell you about this place. 

Mahabaleshwar is a hill station in India's forested Western Ghats range, south of Mumbai. It features several elevated viewing points, such as Arthur’s Seat. West of here is centuries-old Pratapgad Fort, perched atop a mountain spur. East, Lingmala Waterfall tumbles off a sheer cliff. Colorful boats dot Venna Lake, while 5 rivers meet at Panch Ganga Temple to the north.

Here, know some History of Mahabaleshwar

The first historical mention of Mahabaleshwar dates back to year 1215 when the King Singhan of Deogiri visited Old Mahabaleshwar.He built a small temple and water tank at the source of the river Krishna. Around 1350, a Brahmin dynasty ruled this area.In the middle of the 16th century the Maratha family of Chandarao More defeated the Brahmin dynasty and became rulers of Javli and Mahabaleshwar, during which period Old Mahabaleshwar temple was rebuilt.

In 1656, the founder of Maratha empire, Shivaji under controversial circumstances, killed Chandrarao More, a fellow Maratha feudatory of Bijapur, and seized the valley of Javali, near Mahabaleshwar,from him.Around that time shivaji also built a fort near Mahabaleshwar called Pratapgad.The fort remains in the hands of Shivaji's descendants to this day.

Krishnabai temple

Monkey Point

Arthur point

Venna Lake

Lingmala Waterfalls

Needle Hole Point

MAPRO GARDEN. 

My favorite among these all places is MAPRO GARDEN. Let me tell you the reason for this, Mapro garden is a Strawberry wonderland there you can find anything made up of strawberry, it can be strawberry cream, ice cream, cake, cookies, juice, candies, and a lot more. This garden is very beautiful and has lot of attractions.

Here I am showing you some pictures of Mahabaleshwar when I had visited...                               

  • THE STRAWBERRY CART OF MAPRO GARDEN

  • FRESH STRAWBERRIES FROM FARM                       

  • Me on Mapro garden chair.


  • Me holding a strawberry in a strawberry farm๐Ÿ“

Another special attraction was windmills  

I have also captured a picture of them... 

Going to Mahabaleshwar was really fun and exciting, every scenario was incredible and I would recommend this place to go on a vacation especially in winter as you can't find strawberries in summer. 

So this was my blog I hope you enjoyed. Please share your thoughts in comments. See you very soon in my next blog.๐Ÿ˜Š







Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts